July 17, 2014
Jar Lantern upgrade
If you remember my previous post here you will note I have been working on this project for quite some time. I had this idea and it’s not a new idea nor is it the first time someone has done something like this. I had originally started out on this venture to have a side project to do to try and make a bit of pocket change on the side. Well time becomes a factor for me and I really do not have the time to sit down and just dedicate the time to building these in bulk.
So it has turned into a project i use when I need to get my mind off of the daily happening from work and sometimes life itself so instead of just mass producing I just spend my time tinkering with it.
I have recently removed the blue LED. The blue was not bright enough. I happened upon a push button LED light. Looks a lot like an electronic Tea light only it was meant to be hung in a closet wall. Once I took it apart I knew this was what I was looking for. It had the AAA battery holder and a small enough circuit board. Now the problem was how to get it to work for me.
Pictured here is the finished upgrade. Now this is very sloppy. I need a smaller soldering iron to be more precise in my soldering my soldering gun is not ideal for this but I made it work.
After it was all completed and put together it is much closer to what I had envisioned for this project. And it is a beauty. Not sure what I’m going to do once this is done.